Recent advancements described in the article include:
- EU RoHS with 10 and maybe 12 restricted substances
- EU REACH with 209 SVHC
- The Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), with the so-called Russia RoHS
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) RoHS
- New eco-design ErP requirements in various everyday products like power supplies, electronic displays, and electric motors
- Canada, along with Finland and the Netherlands, leading discussions on concrete actions for a circular economy. By seeking better recyclability and energy efficiency, a circular economy in the electronic industry can have a positive impact in the context of climate change.