- Identify supply chain inefficiencies, costs, and impacts
- Discover product regulations applicable to your marketplace
- Pinpoint processes with high waste or excessive transport
- Explore solutions for reducing carbon footprint and unwanted by-products
- Consolidate large amounts of information about your product
Internationally, LCAs fall under the ISO 14040 standards family. These documents describe the various parts of a life cycle assessment, how to construct it, and best practices for use. ISO 14040 certification is not mandatory, although it does have its advantages.
Moreover, LCA software is available to make performing life cycle assessments even easier. These specialized suites use your supply, transport, and disposal information to create custom analysis tools for your product. LCA software makes cross-sectional studies and cradle-to-grave assessments easy to prepare and share with your team or clients.