Persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic (PBT)
- Additive in flame retardants and in thermoplastics.
- Acrylonitrile butadiene-polystyrene (ABS), high-impact polystyrene (HIPS) resins, including electronics, electrical products, and some construction materials.
Brominated flame-retardant used in:
- epoxy coated circuit boards
- printed circuit boards
- printed wiring boards (PWB)
Is also a RoHS candidate substance
- Toxic for reproduction
- Endocrine disrupting properties
- Used in thermal paper, leather products, and recycled paper.
- Used in the manufacture of Polyethersulfone (PESU) polymer, Synthetic tanning agents (Syntans) (e.g., for tanning in leather production), and polymers.
Barium diboron tetraoxide
Toxic for reproduction
- Coating of PVC truck foil and electrical wires.
- Paints, coatings, thinners, and paint removers.
Bis(2-ethylhexyl) tetrabromophthalate (TBPH) covering any of the individual isomers and/or combinations thereof
Very persistent, very bioaccumulative (vPvB)
- Electrical/electronic articles
- Plastic and rubber articles e.g., flexible PVC, wires, and cable insulation
- Adhesives and sealants
- Additive in flame retardants
- Film and sheeting, carpet backing, coated fabrics, and wall coverings
- One component foam e.g., polyurethane foam
Isobutyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (IBP)
Endocrine disrupting properties
- Coating and paint products, fillers, putties, plasters, modelling clay, inks, and toners
- Intermediate in chemical production or refinery processes
Probable serious effects on human health and the environment
- Production of formaldehyde-based resins often used in the woodworking industry (e.g., laminate flooring, wood-based panels, surface-coating panels).
- Coatings for foams and to produce consumer goods like tableware.
- Intermediate for adhesives, lacquers, pigment, coatings, inks, rigid foams, polyurethane foams, rubbers, and polymers often used for fire safety applications.
- Leather manufacturing processes.
Perfluoroheptanoic acid (PFHpA) and its salts
- PBT and vPvB
- Toxic for reproduction
- Probable serious effects on human health and the environment
- Stain or water repellent
- Wetting, dispersing, emulsifying, and foaming agents
Reaction mass of 2,2,3,3,5,5,6,6-octafluoro-4-(1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropan-2-yl)morpholine and 2,2,3,3,5,5,6,6-octafluoro-4-(heptafluoropropyl)morpholine
- Formulation into mixtures
- Industrial and professional use in closed systems. E.g., it is used as a laboratory reagent and as a functional fluid at an industrial site and indoors.